Sunday, March 4, 2012

Discontent

It's the perfect Sunday. My wonderful husband is napping. My beautiful daughter is napping. I'm sitting in perfect quiet, drinking coffee and watching it snow. It really is a great day. Yet I feel discontent. I miss my son. I want to blink my eyes and have him home. Part of me wishes I was in the movie "Click" and I had a magic remote control that I could fast forward to the day we get to bring him home.
Then I'm convicted.
I'm reading a book about contentment. It's about soaking in each moment, even the hard ones. It's about relishing it, cherishing it, celebrating it, appreciating it for what it is. I'm not there. I'm not doing that.
Jonathan will only be exactly like this now, Stella will only be exactly like this now. If I blink away the hard days, I'm missing out on the beauty of the small moments. It's hard, I confess, to live it up. Discontentment is robbing me of my days and I won't stand for it.
Each day, I will give to the Lord, trusting his plan. I will not miss out on one more precious moment.

1 comment: