Monday, June 11, 2012

Addis Turns One

I can't believe our little precious turned one today.  I woke up feeling a little blue because I have zero information about his actual "birth day."  I'm sure it was a lot different than the birth I experienced.  Mainly I was thinking about his birth mom and what that day was like for her.  Was she happy, sad, ready to get it over with?  I guess I'll never know but I do know one thing, that will be the only birthday I will ever miss!
Stella took Addis balloons to wake him up.  He's one happy birthday boy!

 I confess, we had ice cream cake for breakfast.  Addis dug right in.  He did pause for a second to cry about how cold his hands were...and then he kept eating.

It really was a fun day.  We weren't able to throw a big birthday party because of VBS but I feel like we totally celebrated him all day.  We will throw a party later, when we can do it justice.  Until then, happy birthday little man.  You are one of the greatest blessings of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photographs. I love thinking about how fun it will be for both Addis and Stella to have such a complete and beautiful record of their lives and families through your blog and facebook later in life. What a difference progress makes in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog via the Webkinz parent club site. I was very touched by your adoption story. I do foster care adoption in FL so adoption is very special to me. What an adorable little boy!

    ReplyDelete